Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Full Circle

I really thought that, even though I am a Mom, and in my late 20's, that I still was on top of my game when it came to music, movies, celebs, etc... until last night.

The VMAs.

Yes, I still watch them.  And force Jason to watch along with me.  

As we were watching the "Pre-Show" {ugh, yes I watch that too, don't judge me} I started to realize that the Hubs and I may not be as hip as I thought. lol.

"Who is that?"

I cannot tell you how many times he asked me this question... and the first few times, I totally knew the answer... then he asked again.

"Who is that?"
"Beats me."

Then, Green Day was being interviewed and he said "Wait, where's Flea?!?"  Lmao.  "Umm... wrong band, honey." And what's worse is that I thought about how I started listening to them in 1994 - I was in the 4th grade.  {Oh, shit.  I am getting old!}  These guys are now the older artists at the VMAs.  WTF?!?

So, we continued to watch, the fashion {or lack thereof}, the talent {or lack thereof}, and finally it was show time.  The performances began and at that moment, I realized that the VMAs and I have come full circle... because now, I was the Mom, and my daughter, well...


She was mesmerized! 

I'm the mom now, yes the coolest mom, but she's gonna be the teen some day.  And I will be the one asking her, "Who's that, sweetie?"  She will most likely roll her eyes {like I do so perfectly} and sigh, "Oh, Mom, that's _______, duh!"

Lol.

Life has definitely changed.

Happy Friday!  Today, we are taking Gwen to her first concert! The Fresh Beat Band!  She adores them, and I hope she has the BEST time today.  Deets later for you.

xoxo.

3 comments:

Cassidy Magee said...

Shaking my head lol!!! If Flea was there I would actually watch despite my hatred of pop music!

Alyssa said...

Oh my word, I can so relate to this (minus the having a child part). I was reading about Billie Joe Armstrong being in the hospital the other day. The article said that he was forty. FORTY?! Really? Has it been that long?

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

Haha- I totally do this now too. I mix uo bands all the time. I need to get back into my music groove. You are the coolest mom! Hope you had a great time at the Fresh Beat Band!