Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Some websites and books that I am currently reading say that after my 12th week that I am out of my first trimester, while others say that it is not over until the 14th week. Since we are people who love instant gratification :), we are declaring that we are currently starting our second trimester!!!! Yay! And our "little secret" is no longer a secret! So, please feel free to share with whomever, whenever, wherever!!
- How far along? 13 Weeks! Past the first trimester :)
Total weight gain/loss: Still the same, but definitely feeling my body shift!
- Maternity Clothes: Not yet, but I did buy my first Maternity dress from Old Navy.
Stretch Marks: I think that I am ABUSING lotion with cocoa butter! Lol.
- Sleep: Doing better, Wiley is learning to sleep through MOST of the night, so I am feeling a bit more refreshed each morning.
- Best Moment of the Week: Our first sonogram! Being able to actually see the baby was so great!
Movement: None yet, I have read that movement is usually felt beginning in or near the 4th month, so stay tuned!
- Food Cravings: Still spicy things, but this particular week Corned Beef Sandwiches, but I am pretty sure that I crave it EVERY St. Patrick's Day, as do tons of people.
Gender: We find out May 3rd... it can't come fast enough. And I think that I have swayed Jason over to the "boy" vote!
- Labor Signs: None
- Belly Button In or Out: In still
- What I Miss: This week was St. Patrick's Day, so I guess that I missed being able to have a beer while listening to all the Irish Music. But, my husband did treat me to an O'Doul's and I have already reserved babysitters so that next year we can make up for the festivities that we missed this year!!
- What I Am Looking Forward To: For my stomach to "pop" and May 3rd!!!!! I cannot wait to start shopping for the baby. Hopefully it will come quickly!
- Weekly Wisdom: Know your body, respect it, and don't push it past it's limits.
- Milestones: Seeing the baby for the first time, and watching it bounce and wiggle all over the place!
- What is the Baby Up To? Fingerprints have formed on the baby's tiny fingertips, and the veins and organs are clearly visible through still-thin skin. The body is starting to catch up with the head -- which makes up just a third of body size now. The baby is almost three inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Friday, March 12, 2010
Sunday, March 7, 2010
- How did we choose our doctor? By luck! When we learned that there was a chance that we could be expecting, I immediately went into our insurance database and searched for OB/GYN's close to us. (My previous Dr. was in Toms River, and that was just too far) Then, after finding a few names, I googled each and read patient reviews... deciding on Dr. P. We later learned, that friends and family members of ours have also been treated by her! She has even delivered some of Jason's cousins! How lucky for us?!?! Dr. P is a lovely woman, whom we feel very comfortable with, AND she is a Labrador person (How fitting?!)
- Where will we be delivering? Dr. P only delivers out of Meadowlands Hospital in Seacaucus, so that is where we will welcome our little one into the world. We have not visited there yet, but we soon will when we have our first sonogram!
- Will we be finding out the baby's sex? And will we share? Yes and yes! We have no desire for all neutral baby things, and we want to have the perfect nursery ready for Baby Jasovsky.
- Have we thought of names? Will we share them? Amazingly, names were something that we agreed on rather quickly, and decided to stick with them immediately (so not to cause any future arguments). And yes, we are even sharing them (but if you steal them, we may hunt you down LOL).
If we have a boy, his name will be: Gavin
I find it completely hysterical that we ended up choosing two names of celebrities that are married to each other. (Definitely not planned, but she IS one of my idols!) We haven't locked in middle names yet, but we have a few brewing!
We hope that these answer some of your burning questions, and we will continue to update with any new information that we can think of!
Lots of love to you!
Friday, March 5, 2010
- How far along? 11 Wks
- Total weight gain/loss: Loss a few pounds, but we all know that won't last for much longer!
- Maternity Clothes: Still too early yet, but I definitely am leaning towards comfy clothes more and more.
- Stretch Marks: Shhhhhhh.... let's not even say those words!
- Sleep: Asleep very early, but between Wiley and my bladder I haven't had a full night's sleep in a while.
- Best Moment of the Week: Hearing the baby's heartbeat and feeling a huge sigh of relief!
- Movement: Just of my stomach growling, lol
- Food Cravings: SPICY!!!!! Anything with a kick to it. And garlic, which I have always loved, but the craving for it is stronger now.
- Gender: Jason keeps thinking that it is a girl, but I feel a boy. I have read that sometimes lack of morning sickness is a sign that you are having a boy... we'll see who's right!
- Labor Signs: Nope
- Belly Button In or Out? In
- What I Miss: Red wine, and coffee with caffeine (decaf does NOT compare)
- What I Am Looking Forward To: 1.) Seeing the baby for the first time during the u/s. 2) Getting my energy back 3.) Finishing the first trimester
- Weekly Wisdom: Never take for granted a full night's sleep, and utilize nap time.
- Milestones: Hearing baby's heartbeat
- What Is The Baby Up To? Fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and hair folicles, tooth buds and nail beds are forming -- setting up a significantly more attractive future.