Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sunday Social.


1. What is the most difficult thing you have been through? Losing my Pop.  I truly believed that man would live forever.  The day that we got the phone call that he was being put on hospice, I was in shock.  I didn't believe it.  The only thing that weakened the blow was having him with us for the last month of his life.  There wasn't anything left unsaid, on either parts.  It will be two years on July 30th, and it oddly feels like it's been an eternity since he's been gone, but I also can't believe that it has been that long already.  Make sense?  I still have voicemails from him that I play regularly.  The happiness in his voice helps take the sting away.


2. What was your best birthday? I've had a bunch of really great ones, but I'd say my 30th has been the best so far.  It's the first one I've celebrated with BOTH of my girls, and then had a great night out with my family and friends.  I may also be partial to it because I am loving 30. 


3. What has been your favorite thing you've done in your own city? There's a couple that I can think of. 1) I love the 4th of July fireworks here.  They are so well done, and the town has a fun bad playing and slides and stuff for the kids. 2) There's a super exclusive golf club here in town, that like celebrities fly in to play on and this past month, we got to have dinner there (a work function for Hubs).  They had a cake from the Cake Boss (it was even filmed for the show), and the views were amazing.  It's fun to say that we've been there.  3) I love that we've found "our" little restaurant.  I used to always push Hubs to try new places and usually we weren't impressed.  So we stick to our favorite now. They know us by name, and have known us since before we were even engaged.

4. What is your idea of the perfect date night? Dinner and drinks, preferably on the water around sunset. With a live band.   

5. Have you ever been to a blogging conference? No.  And I don't plan on it any time soon.  The next chance I get at a getaway will be with my husband, a beach, and a big ole' umbrella drink!



4 comments:

chelsea beeswax said...

Sorry to hear about your Pop. I`ve heard of people keeping voicemails on their phone like that. I think I`m way too weak to be able to do that!

You have such a beautiful family (:

Unknown said...

You have a beautiful family.

Angie said...

Losing a loved one is so painful. I think the sting gets less as time goes on but never goes away.

Unknown said...

It is really hard losing a loved one, but they do always live inside you <3

Lovely photo of your family :)