Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day & My 100th Post

     How fitting?!?!  Today, is my 1st Mother's Day, and my 100th post!!! Holy Moly.  So, let me address the least important first...

     My 100th post. Wow.  I started this with the intention of informing my family, across the country, about the progress of the growing peanut in my belly.  Yes, after she was born, I slacked for a bit (sorry!), but eventually returned to keep everyone up to date on Gwen's every movement/milestone/antic.  And then, it became therapeutic... I love this blog.  Whether no one reads it, or it hits a million followers, I find comfort here.  I vent, share, boast, and even sometimes BRAG, lol... but, again, I love it, and if you don't like it, DON'T READ IT! :)  So, thank you, to my followers, my family, and my friends!  You are all so wonderful, and I hope that I make this journey of ours enjoyable for you to share with us... Please know, in some way or another, you have shaped ours lives.  THANK YOU!!!!!

     My 1st Mother's Day... :)

First, and foremost, I do not know what I did to deserve to be blessed with the most amazing little angel, but THANK YOU.  I don't care what time in the morning she wakes up, if you saw the smile I see every morning, you wouldn't look at the clock either.    

There are so many things that I now understand, being a mom, that have improved the relationships between my parents and I.  I may have not had the absolute perfect childhood, but I do have GREAT Parents and Grandparents, who love me/us unconditionally, and have taught me to love the same way.  I love you Mom and Dad (and Mam-Mom & Pop-Pop)...

I asked Jason, last night, to describe fatherhood in one word... he said, "I am the happiest I have ever been in my life.  I love you, I love Gwen, I love our life.  I think that we are great parents, and I wouldn't change anything about us."  WELL.... that wasn't one word, but I'll take it :)  I am VERY lucky to have married my best friend, and I only hope that Gwen eventually does the same.

There is one thing I really need to say to my daughter on my 1st Mother's Day... so here it is:

Dear Gwen,

You are THE BEST THING that ever happened to me.

Love Always,
Mommy


Happy Mother's Day to all of you!

xoxo.

1 comment:

the workaholic momma said...

YAY-congrats on your 100th post - thats awesome:) And...most importantly, Happy Mother's Day - being a mom is the best thing ever:)