Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dear Parents...

Dear Parents (Biological, Step, In-Law, Grand),

     I am not sure if this is the circle of life, or an epiphany, but I am so sorry for not appreciating you, as you should have been, until this time.  I am under the impression that, until you are a parent yourself, you cannot understand what YOUR parents have done for you. 
     Since having Gwen, my connections with ALL of my parents have been stronger than I could have ever imagined, for which I am truly grateful.  And I would like to take this time to thank each of you... for being a mother, a father, a friend, a disciplinarian, a confidant, a role model, a force to be reckoned with... and MUCH, MUCH more! 
     My only hope is that, one day, Gwen will feel the same way about me, as I do about each and every one of you.  You have all shaped my (our) lives into what they are today, and as much as I am thankful, I hope that you are proud. 
     I've always known that I was loved, but when I had a child of my own, I realized the DEPTH of that love... and it is TREMENDOUS.  To know that I am loved as much as I love Gwen, well, that is something to be excited about! :)  And I THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for loving me that much. 

It all makes sense now, and my heart is full.

I love you... 

No comments: