Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Because I Am Her Mom

A friend and I were chatting the other day, and the topic of "making decisions about Gwen" came up.  I began to tell her that whenever faced with a decision about/for/pertaining to Gwen, I always seems to provide my reasons for making the choices I do.  And I have started to realize that I don't have to justify anything...

...because I am her mom.

I go with my gut.

I always choose with only the best intentions for Gwen.
{there I go again, justifying.}

I have to learn that "because I said so" is enough of a reason.  End of story.  Right?!

I give myself anxiety sometimes because I worry about what people will think or how they will react about my choices for Gwen.  I need to change this.

She's my daughter... end. of. story.


Help!
Any thoughts? Advice? Similar feelings? How do you handle it?


Here's some baby lovin' for ya...
She is obsessed with "Bah-noooooons!" {balloons}, like it may deserve it's own post. lol.


xoxo.

6 comments:

Brittney said...

Love it! I am friends with another mom (and really question why sometimes), who CONSTANTLY wants to know why I do something (and the gist is that I seem to be overprotective).

I wish I could just say "because that's my decision as his/her mom." And that's all. I guess I could. I should probably start that with my family first.

Alyssa said...

I think almost everyone feels like that at some point. Not just about their kids, just decisions in general (I know I've felt that way before). I couldn't agree with you more about this though. No one needs an explanation, you should just be able to do what you need/want to do and leave it at that. :)

the workaholic momma said...

You are totally right...we, as parents, should never have to explain our decisions when we always have the best interests of our children at heart:) I find myself trying to pull apart decisions I make sometimes but always find that when i go with my gut-its right:)

Cassidy Magee said...

Well this photo confused me with this title, since that's my mom not Gwen's hahahahah

Angie said...

I think we all parent differently but I'm not so sure there is really a right or wrong. I think as long as we parent with our children's best interest at heart, that is all we can do!

Natalie said...

You know what it is best for your child enough said :)