Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Sweet True Love

As I wrote here, my family and I are going through a very trying time.  And although it is a sad and painful time, I am also learning things about my family and even myself.  The most amazing part of it all, is watching the way that my grandparents love each other.

Even during this ugly time of hurting, their love remains strong and true and so sweet.

No matter what is going on at the particular time, he manages to whisper out "You are the love of my life" and she continues to tell him what a "cutie pie" he is.
I think he's a cutie pie, too :)


He winks at her and it makes her smile like they are on their first date.

She reminds him of how great he's doing and makes sure that he is comfortable even when she hasn't slept in what seems like days.

He reaches out for her hand and hugs her like he will never let go.  She leans down and kisses his forehead ever so gently.

And, it is clear...
...they are each other's world.

Isn't that the truest love? When in the toughest moment, your love shines brighter than the brightest star?

Thank you all for your kind words and comments, they mean a lot :)
xoxo.

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

This is so sweet!! I love the way they love each other.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Just beautiful! That generation certainly knew what it took to keep a marriage strong.

the workaholic momma said...

true love is such a beautiful thing!!!! I'm sorry you guys are having to endure such pain...my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Brittney said...

Oh, what an amazing and inspiring couple you have in your life! How lucky they are!

I am so sorry that your family is experiencing this right now. Keeping you all in my prayers!

Angie said...

I love this post in a way. True love never dies. My grandma and grandpa were a testiment of that for me. My grandpa died in Dec 2010 after a long hard battle with lung cancer. My grandma died in Dec 2011 and frankly she grieved herself to death. She never left his side through his entire illness. It was such a sweet thing to watch and really put what true love is into perspective for me. Many prayers with you and your family through these difficult times. I agree with you, he's a cutie pie :)

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

That is so sweet! Just true love! I am keeping you in my prayers hun!