Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Tickle My Fancy

One of my favorite ladies, Kerry, from It's the Little Things tagged me in this fun post, and I am going to play along.

Five things that tickle my fancy...

...polite people.  They are a dying breed.  Just saying "thank you" or "have a nice day" or even just a smile.  How do we expect to raise polite children when we aren't polite ourselves?

...the beach.  The sand in between my toes.  The salt air filling my lungs.  The soothing sound of waves crashing.  It's perfection.  Growing up a beach girl, I am positive that it's something I want to pass on to Gwen.

...spending time with my family.  My little family and extended.  I love being around family.  Laughing, sharing stories, and making memories.  This is something that I don't think I appreciated enough when I was younger, but then again, what kid does?

...a good summer thunderstorm.  While I am safely inside of course.  The way that the clouds sweep in, cooling off a hot summer day.  The magical show of lightening. And the loud claps of thunder that still scare the crap out of me even though I am a grown woman.  Something about it, I just love.

...finding a book that I can put down.  There's something about an addicting book that makes me so happy.  When you are SO engrossed in the story that you can't bear to walk away from it, that's a good book.

*****
I have a tons of posts scheduled for the next few days, so please check back here. :)  Today was an interesting day, well actually afternoon for Gwen and I.  One where I probably should have put us both in a time out.  I'm trying to relax now while Gwen sleeps, and will write about it later when we are both back to our "happy" places.


No comments: