Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

How Long With It Last?

For about a week or so now, Gwen's sleep routine has been changing.  Not by much, but just enough to notice.  Like, when I put her down for a nap at 1pm {the same time it has been for who knows how long}, she plays, or talks, or jumps, yes JUMPS... for a while!  And on top of that, the nap is no longer the loooong, glorious nap we are accustomed to.  We could even call it the "cat nap" version of her real nap.  {Now I have to be honest with you, her normal nap is usually a blissful 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours... I know, you want to punch me, bc that is one hell of a nap, so what am I complaining about right?}  But, I enjoy that down time.  Mommy time.  Which, btw I usually spend doing household stuff, or sometimes finally taking a shower.  Don't judge me.  And the "momma instinct" is telling me that it is only a matter of time before el-napo becomes no-more-o.

You may think I am overreacting a little bit here, but it is even kind of having an effect on bedtime. She goes to bed about 8 - 8:30pm, and lately has been having a party hanging out for a good amount of time before calling it a night.  She's not crying or anything, she's just very awake and alert.  For example, if she hears a loud noise she yells "You alright Mom??" and won't stop until we answer. lol.  Or when we sneeze, "bless you, Mom" "BLESS YOU" "BLESS YOU!!!" until we respond. And although it isn't a big problem, I would rather her go to bed at night tired.  Like me :) 

So what's a Momma to do??  Make naptime earlier? Try going without it?  Idk, but more than anything I want to do what's best for Gwen.  And not to alter her schedule too much, we've been on a really good roll for a long time and I would hate to jeopardize that now.  When do naps usually stop?  I mean, I'm 28 and still love a good nap. lol. But seriously, HELP!  

For now, I am just going to roll with the punches... 

...and give you a few pics from our quick little "we don't need Santa to have a good Christmas picture" session last night. {lol}







See?? Much better than a crying child on Santa's lap, don't you think?

I am so excited that it's Friday!  Tomorrow we are headed into the city to see all the Christmas festivities!  It's moments like these that I adore living right next to NYC.  I can't wait to see Gwen's face! :)

Happy Friday to you!

xoxo





No comments: