Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Great Santa Debate.

This past Easter, we skipped the Easter Bunny and opted for just having Gwen's pictures taken in her Easter Dress, knowing what loomed ahead of us if we forced her to sit on the giant rabbit's lap. And we are feeling the same way about ole St. Nick this Christmas... why? Might you you ask.  Well, let me refresh your memory of last year's warm and fuzzy pic...


Awesome, right?!?  And, if you don't remember or didn't read last year's story about how we were those people, you may want to check it out.  It still makes me cringe!

Now, knowing what we have been through already, and assuming that I know my child sometimes better than she knows herself, I feel like it would be a waste of time {and money} to wait in that treacherous line with an impatient toddler {and parents} just to have her scream her head off and possibly assault that poor man. {Yes, it IS a possibility that she would whack him one, just to get away. Don't judge, she's a tough Jersey Girl!}  Buuuuuut, what if I am wrong?!?!  I mean, I really don't think that I am, but there is always a chance.  Ugh.

We've been going back and forth with our decision since Thanksgiving, and I think we aren't going to go.  Hours on line and $24.95 for a picture of my screaming kid... no thanks.  I can get that for free at home, with a glass of vino while in my pjs. 

So, dear Santa, you are most welcome to stop by our house Christmas Eve and unload all of your presents here, but we won't be seeing you until next year... maybe ;)

And here is our Christmas Card pic for this year.  From our house to yours, Happy Holidays!


Thank you, Pinterest!  Lol.

*****

I wanted to say thanks to the girls that emailed me about my picture problem!  For right now, the problem isn't happening, but I think I have a solution for when it does happen again!  You guys rock!

*****

xoxo.



5 comments:

Jennifer said...

We got lucky and Emma was good with Santa. We went before all the madness happened though. The week or so before Thanksgiving. No line. It was AWESOME!

Francesca Citta said...

First I have to say this BLOG is absolutely amazing, I wish I would have done something like it for my girls!!

But as far as Santa goes, well I say Don't do it... I sat my girls on Santa's lap this year for the first time and I was more disgusted than anything. He stunk like stale alcohol and was sweating like a pig.... That lap wasn't very welcoming!
You are right about getting pics at home of screaming kid.. its so much easier and much more enjoyable when you have the wine to calm Mommy down!!!

Have a Merry Christmas!! Your daughter is beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Yea, our Santa pic last year was a no go. G would only sit next to Santa...on a different chair! LOL We took her to the mall the other day. Stood far away from Santa and asked her. She said NOPE! And, that was the end of that. :)

Natalie said...

I love it! I know the Santa debacle is never fun...we went this but really only for my MIL! Glad you are back from your break :)

Angie said...

Cutest pic ever!
We didn't do Santa with my 2 year old this year either. I plan on doing it with my infant if we have time. He's just got a different personality and has never enjoyed characters in costumes. Until he WANTS to do it, we are not going to push.