Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

You're Welcome

I should start this post by saying that I love my husband very much and he is a great husband and Daddy.  That I feel very lucky to have him as my partner in life...

...but that still doesn't mean that there aren't days that I could just kick him! ;) 

Like Sunday, for example.

Sunday we had somewhere to be at 12:30pm.  So, up and out of bed we got at about 8am, showered, fed baby, and then I wanted to get out to the store sans baby {because we all know how JOYFUL shopping with a toddler who DOES NOT actually CANNOT sit still for the life of her can be!}.  Husband, on the other hand, wants to take our fur baby to the park for some much need exercise.  Jason says to me, "Why don't you just take her with you??" 

Well, why don't YOU?!?!

I said, "Ummm, BECAUSE I attempt {by attempt, I mean RUN through the store grabbing anything I can remember off my list, before baby goes bonkers!} to shop all week with Gwen, I would like a trip where I don't need a diaper bag, cart cover, sippy cup, snacks, etc."

"Oh."  {I think he got my point! lol}

30 minutes.

That's how long my "freedom trip" lasted, because I knew that we had somewhere to be AND that Wiley really did need a trip to the park.  As I walked in the door, Jason was still not dressed to leave, and was finishing the dishes.

Me:  I thought you would be ready to go when I got back?
Husband:  I'm almost ready, I had something to eat and did the dishes.  You're Welcome.

Say what?!?!  

You know that quality that women possess where they can snap into full fledged bitch mode in .00001 seconds?  Yes, I shared that with my darling Husband at that moment. 

I said, "You're Welcome?!?!  Really, Jason?"

At that moment, whether he was really joking or not, he decided that it was wise to tell me that he was just kidding.  Good thing he did, because honey, I could have gone on for hours about things that I would love to say "You're Welcome" for.

Like, carrying your unborn child, safely for ten months {because I was totally comfortable the whole time, lol}, then birthing her {because that's not painful}, breastfeeding her, attending to her every need.

You're Welcome.

For not making you change "poopie" diapers when I am home, because you gag and dry heave like you were just on loop-de-loop roller coaster ride.

You're Welcome.

For equally doing dishes, housework, laundry, and cooking.

You're Welcome.

But I am TOTALLY kidding, honey. Lol.

Seriously, though I am always grateful for what he does for our family...  he is an amazing person and I am glad I married him...

...but I won't thank you for doing the dishes :)
Love you, babe.
xoxo.


5 comments:

Andrea @ The Dawley Fam said...

LOL, this is too funny! My husband always says "I did the dishes for you" or "I did the laundry for you". I know he means it to be nice and he wants me to think that he's the best for doing things for "me" but it's so annoying, haha. I always reply "Thank you for putting up YOUR dishes for ME". ha, Men!

Monica said...

I couldn't help but laugh at this post...men are so clueless sometimes

Amber said...

I had a good laugh at this one but must admit that Chad always wants me to thank him for doing any little thing! Its so frustrating for sure.

Brittney said...

LOVE THIS! I had this same discussion last night after Brian acted like he was my saving grace for bringing cups from our nightstands and emptying the trash cans in the bathroom!

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

Haha- this is hysterical! Men for you!! I can say, I can relate to the sometimes cluelessness of our hubbies:)